This week is coming out a day late because I wanted to include pictures from a recent family trip to Niagara Falls.
The trip was earned because I made a promise to my kids that if I don't eat sugar and only eat whole natural foods for 30 days I will take them to Niagara Falls. My eldest daughter made sure to hold me accountable as every day she reminded me and even if i was eating salt she made sure to ask if I can eat that!
That being said let's get on to the topic.
Welcome to summer. It's a time when most people forget about finances and relax.
Well let me be one of the first to tell you don't. Don't slack on your finances. Instead be proactive, the year is half way through how close are you to achieving your financial goals? Now is the time to check in on your finances, prepare your savings for vacation or emergencies.
Take some time to review your goals.
- When was the last time you had your insurance reviewed? If you got sick today what would do? do you have enough coverage in place?
- If your spouse passed away would you be able to live in the house?
- Summer also means education preparation, do you know a 3 year old only has 180 months until they are off to college. How close are you to saving for them? How much do you want to save for their cottage?
- Do you have mortgage insurance? Do you know what it is? Did you know there might be a better option.
- If you own an incorporated business do you know how to take money out tax free?
- do you have a buy sell agreement in place?
Take a few minutes today to answer those questions. Spend some time in introspection, create clarity and get on the path to building real wealth, and if you want some help with it, or have questions send a reply back. As I work with my clients we create clarity around their values and goals and put it on paper and create the road map for them to achieve their goals.